Sunday, December 11, 2011

I can't wait to see those faces


These are the days when the air is cold and fresh in the morning.
The days when the air feels heavy and smoky in the late afternoon.
The days you come home with red cheeks and frozen fingers from blowing winds.
And then, when you walk the driveway to the front door, yell: "I'm home!" and open the door, it feels like coming home in every way it could.

Tripping puppy toes on the wooden floor. Songs playing on the readio softly. Light in the garden, in the living room. It feels like they're in my body, too.



These days always pass in a blur.
It goes too fast, too slow. There's too little time to get everything fixed and perfect in time, yet it always works out. Presents, dinners, meetings. Family, friends, decoration.
I've always loved this time of the year.

Come home, make yourself comfy-cosy on the couch with a good cup of hot tea and a lovely chicklit or your favorite classic.
Watch all the movies on the television, sing along with the songs and put on the loveliest Christmas tree.
It's all a lovely tradition and makes a big difference.



But this year, I feel like I have a problem.
I've had the very same feeling every year, but it always is over when December starts, at last.
And now, it just won't leave me and I don't know what to do about it, but:

I just don't know what to ask for Christmas!

I already have everthing I need and more, so what is left for me to ask for?
So the only things I'll ask for this year are loads of snow, loads of glitter, candle light, a warm home and as always love, lots of it.
And every gift received, is a nice bonus.
Every gift given, is entirely different. It's a smile received.
And I believe that that is much better.

With love,
Kirsten


So this is Christmas, and what have you done ?
Another year over and a new one just begun.

And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun.
The near and the dear ones, the old and the young.

A very merry Christmas

And a happy New Year.
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear.



And so this is Christmas for weak and for strong
(War is over if you want it)
For rich and the poor ones the world is so wrong

(War is over now)
And so Happy Christmas for black and for white

(War is over if you want it)
For yellow and red ones, let's stop all the fight.

(War is over now).

- John Lennon -

6 comments:

ellie said...

I love your honest sentiments!

ellie's desk said...

What a great Christmas song, too!!

caitlin and megan said...

Oh, I hope you have some great holiday memories with Friends and Family!

ivy's closet said...

I'm so glad you updated. Really like your pictures and writing.

lucy and sarah said...

Awesome update. Hope all is well for you. Wanting to hibernate here.

illustration poetry said...

the song just fits.