Sunday, July 17, 2011

A moment to think, to feel, to miss, to love.


I'm so sorry I haven't posted for such a long time.
I'm on a holiday, in Germany to be precisely, for a month, so I don't have much time to write and use my computer.
The first week has passed and it's lovely. We went to Bonn, made a trip to Cologne, one of my favorite cities. saw different things, museums, buildings, culture. Our group contains many different nationalities, and we get along very well.
We have France, Brittain, Iceland, Lithuania, Paraguay and of course, or own Dutchie-Holland-team. It's great to meet all these people from different countries, to learn about their culture and have fun together.

At the moment, I'm living with a family in a little town called Wilhelmsdorf, near the Bodensee. It's beautiful here, but I miss the rest of the group, the excitement of the city and our funny travel-leaders.
I also miss my mother, my father, my sisters and my friends.
Three weeks, and I'll be home again with them... Yes, I am counting the days. Eight to go over here, then five in München and five in Berlin...I'm already looking forward to that, it's going to be great.
These days will be wonderful, but then again, there's no place like home.


These are the five of us: me, Anastasia, Jeanne, Chantal and Eliza, on the International Evening, where we presented our countries. Like I said, nothing like home...

Now, just like the picture on top says, there always is something right, something good. 
You only have to find it, get it out, use it. 
I hope I will be able to keep doing that. 
Not only for the next three weeks, but for the rest of my life. 
'Cause eventually, life is traveling, just as much as a travel is living.

Wish me luck for my next three weeks, and if you happen to see my family, tell them that I miss them, that I think about them and above all, that I love them.

With love,
Kirsten

So, so you think you can tell heaven from hell,
Blue skys from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl.
Year after year running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here. 

- Pink Floyd -

5 comments:

ivy's closet said...

Sweet! Great photos too. Hope you are having a fantastic time.

ellie's desk said...

Wow, this is so great. Love the update.

caitlin and megan said...

Such fun times to see. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Good luck to you [:
& OMG(: I love that song by Pink Floyd!!(:
You're reeally pretty and well I see homesick. [:
Right now I'm sick of being at home :P Hope you have fun!

Fleur said...

hee kirsten :)
heb net je mail gelezen, want ben net terug uit venetië :)
volgens mij heb je t egt super naar je zin, he? lijkt me ook egt gezellig allemaal :P
verheug me alweer op je volgende mail ;)
xx Fleur