Saturday, July 2, 2011

What we did last Summer


I brought my best friend to her bus this morning. We waved goodbye as she went away to what I know will be the best time of her life. China.
She doesn't know what it's going to do with her, she can only guess, but I do, for I have experienced such a thing myself. It's a miracle.


I thought back to what I did last summer. The things I saw, I felt, I did. The beauty, the wealth, the poverty and the poor sides of life. I made great new friends.

I can't even think of it as something which happened to me.
It's something from another life, another world.
Time goes so fast.

Almost a year passed since I saw you last. I still remember every single detail. Not a single day passes without me thinking back to you.


We were happy together, we had the time of our lives, we cried together. I belonged to you that time, just as you belonged to me. You're forever in my heart, and I know you won't forget about me either.


As I think of all the crazy impressions, I can't believe things like that really happen. Your luggage carried by llamas in the mountains, camping in the freezing cold.
You surprised me all the time, making me see things I never saw before. I survived, now knowing I can handle more than I ever thought I could.
I loved that.


I left a piece of my heart on every street, on every path, and I need to get it back.
As soon as possible, I come running to you, flying, and we'll be reunited again.


No, this is not the time or the place for broken-hearted
'Cause this is the end of the rainbow
Where no one can be too sad
No, I don't wanna leave but I must keep moving ahead
Cause my life belongs to the other side
Behind the great ocean's waves.



Bye, bye Hollywood Hills I'm gonna
miss you wherever I go I'm gonna
come back to walk these streets again
Bye, bye Hollywood Hills forever.


I will do what I have to, just to see you back. 
Your precious beauty, your warmth, the feelings you gave to me.
I will never be truly yours, nor will you ever be the only one for me, 
but I'll never forget you.
I love you, Peru. 

For now, as Jas probably is on the plane to Beijing,  
I can only think of the trip I made last year, 
and think of her, being glad for her to experience it, too.
It changes lives.




Now for you, my dearest reader, if you ever get the chance, go.
Don't think of what could go wrong, and if you do, think of what will be great.
Before the time to go was there, I woke up in the middle of the night, completely in panic.
I thought of giving up for a hundred times, maybe even more.
But I didn't give up, and now I'm so happy I didn't.
With love,
Kirsten

Long distance love, does it work?
All the miles in between get in your head
No, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go.
Bye, bye Hollywood Hills I'm gonna
miss you wherever I go I'm gonna
come back to walk these streets again
Bye, bye Hollywood Hills forever.

- Sunrise Avenue -

7 comments:

IvoryPeony said...

Aaaw, die lama's! *o* *lama-fan* Er zitten echt een paar mooie foto's bij! :D

Nou ja, paar... Ze zijn allemaal mooi! x3

Unknown said...

What an inspiring post! Love it!

ellie's desk said...

Such beautiful pictures!

Maddie said...

looks like the biggest adventure :)

Fleur said...

Hee kirsten! Heb je al n fijne vakantie? :)
Die fotos van je vorige post zijn egt supersjattig :)
Spreken we nog iets af in de vakantie :)
Xx fleur

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE PICTURES (:!!
And the llamas the most C:

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

These are stunning. My friend's actually in China right now! (sent him with a camera too) x hivenn