Thursday, November 25, 2010

Friends all over the world



Hi!

Long time no posting, I know and I'm sorry, but I have been so busy, you don't even want to know. So I'll just skip that part and come to the point, I guess.

Remember I went to Peru? If not, you know it now.
Today was the presentation of the book which was made of our journey!
The presentation was so cool, there were people from all the countries which are part of Global Exploration, so from India, Nepal, Tanzania and Peru, and they held speeches and told us what the journeys had meant for them. And the book is beautiful, though I haven't really taken close looks at it, because my parents and sister immediately wanted to see it. But it's okay, I don't have to see the book to remember, I've actually been there!

But above all, it was so nice to see everyone again, I was really looking forward to that. We've gone through so many things together, we experienced so much and we have had such a great time together. And even though we hadn't seen each other for months (some of them, then), as we saw each other again tonight, it was just fine again. We just went on where we have been, as friends, as a group. Our Peruvian guide Hubert was there too, he's in the Netherlands for a few days, and we're going skating on ice with him Saturday! So cool, I just hope I'll survive, as I can't skate...

The picture above shows us in the Parque del Amor, Lima, at the second day of the trip. It was cold and cloudy , so we all wore our Grotius/Bernardinus College sweaters which had been made for us. Maybe not the most fashionable thing to wear, but they were so comfortable and warm, which was more important...
And on the lower picture, it's us again, this time in our Global Exploration-shirts, in front of Machu Picchu... Do I need to say more?

God, do I miss it!

With love,
Kirsten

No comments: