Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ice, Ice Baby!



Hey hey hey!

It's SNOWING.
It started yesterday and it still is snowing right now. It's cold and the roads are slippery and it's hell dangerous.
But still, how could I not like it?

And as you can see, I changed some things around here. My blog now is called "The girl with the dreams," which is me. I have a lot of dreams, and today's is:
"I dream of going back to Peru to see all the beautiful things again, to check if they really are as beautiful as I remember them (I'm sure they're even more beautiful than I remember them). I want to have fun with all my friends there again, and feel good because of doing something good for another person. Wouldn't that be wonderful?"

This Saturday, some of my Peru-friends went skating together. I was there, as you can see in the picture. We had so much fun, even though we all fell down occasionally (For me, it was slightly more than just "Occasionally," actually...).
But we had great fun and usually we only laughed if we fell.
And as you can see, we did some cultural exchange indeed. We know about Peru now, and we showed our Peruvian guide and friend Hubert (third from right) some typical Dutch traditions. He did well, the skating, I mean. He really tried his best. Go Hubert!
It is so nice to have such friends! We are all so different, but it doesn't matter, it just works out very well, so that's definitely great!
What about going back next year all together?
I'm in, no doubt!

And tomorrow will be the first of December, which means it will only be 24 days to Christmas! Which reminds me, I still have to buy everyone's presents.
I went to the garden center again today, with my mother and my grandma, and I decided I'm going to collect pictureframes and make one big picture-wall on my room showing the joyful moments of my life. The picture above certainly is going to be in there!

Now tell me, are you looking forward to Christmas? Do you like snow? Do you already feel stressed out because you don't know which presents to buy?

Even if you think it's not going to work out, I'm sure it will ;-)
Cause in the end, Christmas is all about my favorite word, love.

With love,
Kirsten

3 comments:

Fleur said...

whahaaa kirsten een nieuwe layout, love it love it love it! het ziet er echt zo schattig uit :)
en t heeft echt wel n leuk effect dat die foto in t begin n beetje onscherp is :)
goed gedaan, kirsten!! :P
xx

Fleur said...

Haha en volgens mij komt het ook nooit voor dat je het een keer NIET over de liefde hebt :p
You go, kirsten ;)
Xx

Cuppykirsten said...

Hihi, I can't help myself! ;D
Niet dat ik dat dan zo graag wil ofzo...