Tuesday, May 3, 2011

It's not always true that time heals all wounds.


How dare you break my lonely heart?
And you dance on the pieces.
Being with you just tears me apart.
Not again, not again.

- Sunrise Avenue -

There's been danced on my shattered heart. People have been passing over and over it, and still it always got healed again.


I would never have imagined the four of us becoming such close friends.
We're sisters, and therefore we're born to be rivals, jealous, angry, sad, happy, funny together. It's always been inside us.
I sing for you when you're sad, my terribly singing cheers you up. You always get the dirty jokes immediately and explain them to me when I don't. I steal your clothes, you use mine.
We're making plans for summers when we'll be grown-up. We're discussing our future, what will it be like?
In fact, there's no one who knows me better than you do.


What do I do when my love is away?
Does it worry you to be alone?
How do I feel by the end of the day?
Are you sad because you're on your own?
No, I get by with a little help from my friends.

- The Beatles -


The thought that can always cheer me up: Eventually, I've been there, done that. The place will always be special to me. I've gotten used to the desperate longing to go back immediately. But back I'll go.
I left a piece of my heart right there.

No, this is not the time or the place for a broken-hearted
'Cause this is the end of the rainbow,
Where no one can be too sad.
Bye bye, Hollywood Hills.
I'm gonna miss you, wherever I go.
I'm gonna come back to walk these streets again.
Remember that we had fun together.

- Sunrise Avenue -


I feel a deep interest for art.
Written words, poetry, prose, stories.
Painted faces, drawn images. I can't imagine how people created some of the most beautiful things. I can only try my best to create the best of me.

Above, my favorite poem, written by Goethe, and came across in Blanes, Spain. It always gives me a lovely feeling whenever I read it.
It tells a soft summer day, glowing oranges, clear blue skies. And love. Especially love.
Down, a detail of a painting by Michelangelo, which has always held my affection, since I've been a little girl. Can't wait for my trip to Rome to see it myself...


So when I'm lying in my bed,
Thoughts running through my head,
And I feel that love is dead
I'm loving angels instead.

- Robbie Williams -


Flowers rise their heads again every morning when the sun comes up. Sunflowers even follow the sun.
Empty branches come to live again in Spring. Maybe we should take a look at that more often.


One day you'll look and see I've gone,
For tomorrow may rain so I'll follow the sun.
Some day you'll know I was the one,
But tomorrow may rain so I'll follow the sun.

- The Beatles - 


Love brings the risk of being hurt. Like there would be no day without a night, there would be no happiness without pain. The people who are the closest to you, are able to hurt you the most. Not even on purpose, sometimes.
They also are able to make you feel so happy. I felt a bit moody yesterday, and then, one tiny thing happened and everything was alright again.
My best friends Anna and Jasmijn cheered me up, and they shared my happiness later, as we were sitting on a terrace and talking.
"Shall I heal your little broken heart?" and "I'm happy for you," some of the best things to hear.

Eventually, everything can be healed. Sometimes it only takes time, or some well-mixed cocktails. A good joke a friend made. A cute image in your head. 


Standing on the edge of forever
At the start of whatever
Shouting love at the world.
Back then, we were like cavemen,
We’d beam at the moon and the stars,
Then we forgave them.

We will meet you where the lights are,
The defenders, of the faith we are
Where the thunder turns around they’ll run so hard we’ll tear the ground away.
You know no one dies, in these love town lies
Through our love drowned eyes, we’ll watch you sleep tonight.

Although no one understood we were holding back the flood.
Learning how to dance the rain.
We were holding back the flood they said we’d never dance again.

- Take That - 

And we will dance again.

6 comments:

ellie said...

You must be a wonderful friend. All the best to your friendships that grow. So tough, sometimes...

Unknown said...

Love the post! Such sweet pictures of you guys.

Unknown said...

I loved the sentiments and quotes in this. Wonderful update!

Maddie said...

Hope your ok, this post sounds a little bit sad as well as positive! Friend's truly are amazing and even if you think you lose them, when you meet even several years later the connection will always return :)

the nyanzi report said...

i loved reading this post.

illustration poetry said...

big hug to youuuu!!!!