Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Put down all my feelings.

Feelings are there to be expressed. The prettiest things have been created that way, and therefore we should go on, creating more. Some say the best things already are created, but we should try to be just as good at least. You might not become the new Michelangelo, or the new Shakespeare, but you could be just yourself and that should be good enough.

When creating something, I don't think it's about beauty all the time. Sometimes it's rather about dealing with something, or about putting your thoughts and feelings in order.
That's why I keep a diary. I like remembering the funny moments, I like to read back and recall. But what I love, is the moment I write it down. I love to let the day pass and think and philophize about people, things, happenings.
It always makes me calm.

I love how words and images can make a wonderful combination. I can't make the choice. I love writing and literature, books, reading, but on the other hand, what would the world be like without gorgeous images, without visible beauty?

I gave it a new try myself. I took the picture on our garden this Spring, as our magnolia tree was blooming with blossoms. The words come from the story I've been working on for such a long time already.
I hope it will be good enough one day.
How amazing it would be to write an actual book, to be able to hold it, to see the cover with my name on it. It still is a dream, but dreams are to be realised...

And eventually, there's the old-fashioned love letter. We write mails, we text, we call. 
Sometimes I feel like I've been born in the wrong time. 
I can just imagine it, a dress, a corset, lockets and curly hair. 
A wild romance, passionate love, all kept secret. 

Maybe I'm making it look more romantic than it really is.
Things are good the way they are, but a little romance would make it even better...
And what's wrong with a occasional love letter?

My dearest love, 

I'm looking forward to the moment 
I can hold you in my arms again. 
I miss the nights we spent together, 
just as the days you were by my side.
I have always loved you, and I will always love you. 

Forever yours,
and with love,
Kirsten

Close your eyes and I'll kiss you, tomorrow I'll mis you
Remember I'll always be true.
And meanwhile I'm away, I'll write home everyday
And send all my loving to you.
I'll pretend that I'm kissing the lips I am missing
And hope that my dreams will come true.
And meanwhile I'm away, I'll write home everyday
And I'll send all my loving to you.

- The Beatles -

7 comments:

Maddie said...

another inspiring, sweet post :)

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

great post dear

ivy's closet said...

I liked what you wrote about Dealing with something. Great post!

ellie said...

So love the art of journaling. Great photos too!

Jet♥ said...

woow super post!
dankje het was heel erg leuk in de efteling!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ah, what a beautiful post. I so love these diary pages! :)

Anita said...

Great photos, you seem so creative! I wish I was creative haha.
- http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com