Sunday, October 16, 2011

Fall colors



Sun shines through the glass roof.
It warms my arms, my neck, my hair.
Here in our garden, it seems like summer still is on it's highest peak.
But if you look better, it's evidently there.
Autumn.



The greens are starting to loose.
Red, orange, yellow, brown is taking over the world outside.
I can't say I don't like it.
Red is warm, it's the color you see when you look at the sun and close your eyes...



Autumn is cosy.
Rainy days are perfect for creating things, from baking a perfect cake to painting.
Reading, writing, or going outside for a long walk in the forest.
Falling leafs smell so good...



In the morning and evening, as the sun starts to rise or to set, I do miss the warming feeling it ususally provides me with when I'm going outside.
But there are other things that manage to keep me warm. I love warm sweaters, fuzzy blankets, hot tea and lying comfy-cosy on the couch with a good movie on the TV.
But above all and more important, love warms us all from the inside out.
And there's nothing better than that.

With love,
Kirsten

P.S.:  I can't wait for next week. I have something to tell you then.

One day you'll look to see I've gone
For tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
Some day you'll know I was the one
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
And now the time has come
And so my love I must go.
And though I lose a friend,
In the end you will know.
One day you'll find that I have gone
But tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.
Yes, tomorrow may rain, so I'll follow the sun.

- The Beatles -

8 comments:

ellie said...

So love the update. Perfect timing!

lucy and sarah said...

Such a beautiful post. Can't wait..to find out what's up..

ivy's closet said...

A great autumn post. Sweet words too. I wonder what you have to tell???

caitlin and megan said...

You find a way to make such extraordinary post!

mazzy may said...

Such a beautiful post. It'll be great to find out your news.

molly said...

I love your writing!

Unknown said...

Aww, ur post is super lovely and I love what you've written about Autumn :) Great pictures to match with the writing too!

ps: thx so much for ur lovely comment on my post, really appreciate it! I'm following ur amazing blog, pls do follow mine too if u haven't already! It'll mean so so much to me :) thx!

xx
Erika
http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

Jet♥ said...

heel mooi!