Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sometimes, a picture says a thousand words...



And sometimes, a picture shows a thousand words.
I love the power words can have, if chosen deliberately.
I love the art of writing, the way some people are able to write down the most beautiful things.
I love stories, poems, diaries, letters, books, cards, sonnets, love songs.

This is my favorite poem, it was written bij Goethe (1749-1832) and I came across it in Barcelona.

Kennst du das Land, wo die Zitronen blüh'n
Im dunklen Laub die Goldorangen glüh'n,
Ein sanfter Wind vom blauen Himmel weht,
Die Myrte still und hoch der Lorbeer steht?
Kennst du es wohl?
Dahin, dahin!
Möcht' ich mit dir, oh mein Geliebter, zieh'n!


(Do you know the land where the lemons blossom
In the dark foliage the golden oranges glow
A soft wind blows from the blue sky
The myrtle stands still and high upon the laurel
Do you know it?
There, there!
I would like to go with you, my beloved one.)

I love the poem, because I can exactly imagine what Goethe meant when he wrote it. I see a clear blue sky, I can imagine the way the wind streaks over your face there, and the smell of the lemons and oranges. I can see myself lying down in the grass, together with someone I love, just staring at the sky and doing nothing.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could store love in a little box, to save some for the moments we really need it?
A little, red box, a ribbon wrapped around it, glowing with the love which is inside.



I love the power of love, just like I love the power of words.
Together, they can create the most wonderful stories.
I really hope I will be able to create one, one day.

My dream of today is:
I dream that I, one day in the future, walk into a book shop, and see a book with my name on it on the shelves. I dream of people reading my stories.
I dream of becoming a writer one day.

And I'm almost sure it's going to be fine. Who knows...

With love,
Kirsten

3 comments:

Fleur said...

haha jaaaaaa een liefdesdoosje :D
dat zou echt te leuk zijn als dat bestond :)
wel echt leuke plaatjes, zeg! ik bedenk me net, ik heb ooit ook zo'n soort foto gemaakt (van dat boek) maar dan van Alice in Wonderland. heeft echt een leuk effect, he? :)
vond het vrijdag echt gezellig, kirsten. dankjeweeeeel voor de gastvrijheid enzovoort :)
xxx

emily said...

leuk blog!

Anonymous said...

ik ga je ook volgen! :)