Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Life is a fair, life is a circus, life is a story


Hello there!

This weekend I managed to make some funny photos, using what we have at home and in the garden, and the images from some cooking books. It may sound funny, but you can find such amazing images in there. Most of these are from Jamie's America by Jamie Oliver, but I think any good book will do. It only has to contain some colorful images and it's going to be fine!

I wanted a crazy, colorful thing. I wanted to create the feeling of the blur you can feel when you're dancing and you've had too much to drink and the lights fade into colored lines. I wanted to create the ambience of a fair, the smell of candy flosses and caramel apples. Neon lights wherever you look. Disco music. Laughter.

I wanted something inspiring, too. Someting serious, but still light enough.

Now, if we combine these images with some words, if we combine my love for the visible details with my passion for the written words...


For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream in the same simple way as I dream about the black dots representing towns and villages on a map.

 - Vincent van Gogh -


I don’t know if i picked that circus but something told me that circus picked me.

- Water for Elephants -


These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume.

- Williams Shakespeare -


Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like no one is watching.

- Mark Twain -


That was all for now. I think it's enough.
With love,
Kirsten

Words are flowing out like endless rain into a paper cup,
They slither while they pass, they slip away across the universe.
Pools of sorrow, waves of joy are drifting through my opened mind,
Possessing and caressing me.

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes,

They call me on and on across the universe.
Thoughts meander like a restless wind inside a letter box,
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe

Nothing's gonna change my world,
Nothing's gonna change my world.

- The Beatles -

7 comments:

Maddie said...

lovely post :) gorgeous

illustration poetry said...

did you know that...the circus is cheaper when it rains?

Unknown said...

Such cool stars on the face. Love these.

ivy's closet said...

Such a pretty blog!

Marieke said...

Cool artikel! De tweede foto herkende ik :D

ellie said...

How did you get all those stars on. Very pretty.

Fleur said...

die sterretjes :)
xx