Wednesday, March 9, 2011

That does make me oh so happy


Whirling around our bookshelves, seeing what is in the books, finding some inspiration. It's more a decoration than a shelve, it's covered with pictures, little statues, cards, everything.
Some things look like they totally don't belong there, but that makes it an interesting entity.


My old moodboard. Since my room has been renovated, I haven't put it back on the wall again, but I certainly will put it there again. This, too, contains a lot of loose elements, greeting cards, magnets, stickers, window-colours, tickets for concerts, autograph cards, anything I like to put there.

Making collages with images from magazines. I have an entire book full now.


Drawing. I like when you want to draw something and it works out well, when you can see what it has to be, and other people understand it.
Photography, my sisters, old anciency in one picture. I love taking pictures, seeing little details no one else sees. I love my sisters. I love seeing pictures in books about old times. Sometimes, I imagine living in that time, being rich, wearing this kind of dresses, and taking secret walks with my lover in the night.

Writing. This is a little part of the story I'm working on the most. I think writing is a perfect way of expressing myself. Words can have wonderful effects if you choose them well. If chosen really deliberately, they can make me smile, make me feel happy, or put a tear down my face.

Seeing what I've written here, I think this post is more about the crave to create things, something I've been feeling a really strong need for lately. I want to make things, and I don't care what it is, a story, a painting, a picture, a mess which is not a mess after all...
If we couldn't express ourselves, what would that be like? Do you know that feeling that you want to tell something, but you don't know how to say it? Would we feel like that all the time then? 
That is something to think about, isn't it? 

With love,
Kirsten

You say you want a revolution
Well you know
we all want to change the world
You tell me that it's evolution
Well you know
We all want to change the world
But when you talk about destruction
Don't you know you can count me out
Don't you know it's gonna be alright
Alright, alright

- The Beatles - 

9 comments:

Fleur said...

boh, dat kleine stukje van je verhaal gaf me meteen een blij en lief gevoel, ookal was het maar zo'n mini stukje :)
je bent echt goooeeed, kirsten haha :p
xx

Fleur said...

je maakt me nieuwsgierig kirsten!! ik wil het weten!! kun je t me niet even smsen?? :P
trouwens, ik weet niet of t deze week nog wat wordt met ons boek, maar misschien volgend weekend? :)
xx

Jet♥ said...

hele gave dingen maak jij zeg!!

Anna said...

>:D ik heb al meer gelezen!

Cuppykirsten said...

Ja, Anna, en de reden daarvoor is dat je me gedwongen hebt xD
Dat zou Fleur nou NOOIT doen, hè Fleur? :)

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

The photograph with your sisters is great, i'd love to dress up like that for photos :)
xxxxx

Sabrina Tassini said...

nice pics and post:)the song is awesome!!
Follow me dear??i'd be very happy if you do it!
thanks:)
kisses

patchworkporter.blogspot.com

Marieke said...

Leuke post weer zeg! En dat geschreven stukje ziet er veelbelovend uit :D

Mirthe said...

vet gedaan! originele posts heb je.