Saturday, February 5, 2011

Give me something I've been wanting


Do you know that feeling? It tells you you want to leave, you got to go, and that there's something big and wonderful waiting for you. You feel misunderstood, underestimated and not at your place. Even though there are so many people around you, you feel lonely.

Whenever I feel like that, the only thing I do is dreaming away. I dream of an exciting life, of people who understand me completely, of new things to discover, sights to see, sounds to hear, tastes to taste or feelings to feel. I dream of flying, of running away, right into an adventure. An adventure for everyone!


I dream of warm sand, a hot sun, salt seas, soft winds, rushing waves. I dream of soft kisses, happy feelings and sweet love. I dream of laughter, funny people, whirling parties, swaying dresses, wild dances. I dream of lovely cities, luxury shops, the smell of new shoes. I dream of written stories, read books, the smell of paper and coffee.


Then again, I remember the great times I've had with the people I love. I remember what it feels like when we're dying with laughter, like last Friday, when we were making up funny sayings. I remember what it felt like to be with the Peruvian people in Ayacucho, or to see Machu Picchu. I remember the story I'm working on, special parts of it. I remember looking my friends in the eyes and knowing that we're sharing the same thought.

The only thing which lasts me to do, is taking a bright lipstick, putting it on and smiling to myself in the mirror.
I am privileged. I am happy. I have everything I need. 
I might be different, or strange, and I don't have the most exciting life you might be able to imagine.
But who knows, it might be waiting for me...

All we need, is some faith, some fantasy, lots of love and a little hint of luck, and we could do everything we wanted to do.

With love,
Kirsten


I know the light ain't always upon me
Sometimes the night takes me inside it
Destiny, destiny...
Give me something I've been wanting
Take my feelings to the sky
Give me something I've been wondering
Give my feelings wings to fly
Destiny is to be by your side
- Sunrise Avenue -

5 comments:

Marieke said...

Leuk artikel! Leuk geschreven en de foto's maken het helemaal af <3

Jet♥ said...

heel leuk artikel!
leuk dat je fotolijstjes aan het sparen bent:D

Fleur said...

Hahaaaa een klavertje vier van groene snoephartjes! Dat is echt geniaal,kirsten :)
Zo sjattig
Xx

Unknown said...

This post is a really lovely read, dear. I feel the same way about my life. I am glad you are so aware of how privileged you are, and are so down to earth and lovely! x x x

Caroline Ergy Erg said...

This post is lovely, i am dreaming of the sea too :)
pretty photos!
xxxxxx