Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's been a long cold lonely winter


I'm getting pretty done with this cold, wet, dark weather we are having over here... I really hope the sun will come out soon again and that it will become a little warmer so we can enjoy being outside instead of wishing we were inside again. To me, everything seems easier when the sun is shining. Then, you can always think: "At least the sun is shining!" when you have a bad day.
Now we would be more likely to say: "This is not how I want it, that could be better, and even the weather sucks!"

Understand the difference?
The sun smells so good, too. It smells like warmth and dust and grass and flowers, and something else I can't name. But I think you understand what I mean, and if not, try it this way:
Lay down in the sun, on a towel in the grass and close your eyes. Stay there for a while, feel the sun warming your skin, and then you should be able to smell the sun on your skin. It's a lovely thing for sure.

Mentioning it, I realise I always make little luck-lists: Things that make me happy and cheerful. Here are some of my little luck moments for spring:

- Butterflies! I use to draw them when I'm bored during class, and I really hope they'll show up again soon so I can take pictures of them. I love the one beneath, a classmate made it and it really has some charm. Never thought he would do photography, so it was a little surprise...


- Flowers! You probably know it by now, but I love flowers. I can't even tell why exactly. A friend of mine asked me what it is with girls and flowers, and I couldn't really answer him. It's something with colours and the softness they have in them.
Last week I found that flowers sometimes express things better than words. I was at a funeral, and the usual things were said, but it never seems really good enough to say what you feel then. And there were some lovely bouquets which, according to me, showed that better.




- Being in the garden, grass beneath my bare feet, flying birds, polished toenails in flipflops, the ability to use the swimming pool without freezing to death. Little things, but good enough for me.

- Spring fling! How could I ever forget about that. Lentekriebels, as we say it. Lovely word, it could be more than just being in love. It could be the need to run outside, to turn and turn and turn around in a circle, get dizzy and fall down in the grass. It could be the smile on your face when you see the sun coming out. And sure, it could be that special feeling when you see a certain person...



Maybe I'm in love again. It's not for sure and it certainly isn't the best idea I've ever had, but I don't really have a choice. Love hits spontaneously, and then there is not much we can do about it. Fortunately. 'Cause, if we could, the magic would be gone...
I'll see how it's going to work out for me. I'll wait, I'll dream, I'll hope, I'll never loose my trust in love.

With love,
Kirsten

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, the smiles returning to the faces
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right

Little darling, I feel that ice is slowly melting
Little darling, it seems like years since it's been clear
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say it's all right
It's all right

- The Beatles -

3 comments:

mishuella said...

love the song !! btw cute blog
xo
http://mishuella.blogspot.com/

Jet♥ said...

leuke foto's!!

Marieke said...

Weer een leuk artikel! Als ik nog geen zin in de zomer had, heb ik dat nu wel. Ik kan echt zo'n verdrietig gevoel krijgen als ik denk aan de winter, ik háát het! Ik vond het wel mooi toen er opeens 'lentekriebels' stond, haha :)